Subby Valentine is an Australian comedian and radio presenter who first came to prominence in 1997 after winning triple j’s legendary national RAW Comedy competition. He has since worked full-time as a writer and performer for radio, free-to-air television, internet campaigns and pay TV.
Subby is much sought after as a radio personality, raconteur, stand up comedian, TV pundit , writer and as an excellent MC who can adapt to any situation. Subby has proven himself to be a skilled interviewer as well as entertainer; he has grilled such notables as Michael Buble, Billy Bob Thornton, Owen Wilson, James Blunt and Daniel Radcliffe, just to name a few.
Valentine mastered his trade on the Sydney stand-up comedy circuit. During this time he sparked a relationship with fellow comic Tom Gleeson. The two would go on to form a duo and make the move to radio where they co-hosted The Tom and Subby Show, which aired first on triple j and was later snapped up by Triple M.
In 2006 Subby started work as one of the rotating male guests on Mix 106.5’s breakfast show Sammy and the Boys. This led Subby to join Mix on a permanent basis as part of Sammy, Subby and Alan for breakfast with Sammy Power and Spicks and Specks star Alan Brough. Following Brough’s departure, Subby stayed on with Sammy to form Sammy and Subby in the Morning.
A regular contributor on the popular thank god it’s Friday segment of Richard Glover’s Drive program on 702 ABC Sydney, Subby is part of a rotating panel of comedians which includes Wendy Harmer, Jean Kitson, Tommy Dean and Anthony Ackroyd.
Subby was a big contributor to the highly successful Morning Crew at 2DAYFM with Wendy Harmer and Greg Fleet, and has written for and acted in sketch comedies and has experience as a television host on SBS’s The Men’s Room.
As well as being an established broadcaster Subby Valentine is one of Australia’s most well respected MC’s and comedians. He has played this role successfully in venues ranging from large theatres such as the Enmore Theatre, right down to the boardrooms of well-known Australian companies. Subby has MC’d events for Amnesty International, Nestle, Masterton Homes, The Wales Tourism Board, Oxfam, Austereo, and a host of others.
“Subby Valentine is the best MC we have ever worked with at Five Star PR. He has been a huge hit with our guests and media at functions for Air Canada and the Wales Tourist Board. He is extremely easy to work with, highly professional ensuring he researches his clients thoroughly and can present excellent material during the event. He has easily incorporated all key messages into a very talented, light hearted and engaging performance as both an MC and performer. Subby would always be my first choice as MC.” Five Star PR
Subby was head writer on The Matty Johns Show, Australian Top Gear, Anh Doh’s travel series’ Anh Does Vietnam and Anh Does Britain, Celebrity Splash, Skithouse and Tractor Monkeys on ABC TV.
Subby is one of Sydney’s most experienced, versatile and successful comedians. Despite a punishing schedule Subby has headlined at comedy festivals throughout Australia in addition to appearances in Singapore, Hong Kong, London and Edinburgh.
Subby was a writer for Merrick Watts for Sydney’s New Year’s Eve celebrations in 2013-14, live-streamed on Telstra’s YouTube channel and in 2014 was head writer for SBS’s daily prime-time entertainment show The Full Brazilian covering the FIFA World Cup.
- Mix 106.5 FM Co-host of the ‘Sammy and Subby in the morning’
- Triple M – The Tom and Subby Show (Program presented with with Tom Gleeson)
- Stand Up Australia (The Comedy Channel)
- Mornings with Kerri Anne (Channel 9)
- What a Year with Bert Newton (Channel 9)
- The morning Show (channel 7)
- Joker Poker (Network Ten)
- 2DAYFM (Program presenter)
- Breakfast Crew, 2Day FM (writer)
- Channel V / Music Max (contributing writer)
- Triple J (Program presenter with Tom Gleeson)
- Skithouse (Network 10) (contributing writer)
- The Mens Room (AFTRS / SBS) (Host)
- Electoon (Cartoon Network) Presenter
- The Fat (ABC)
- The Glasshouse (ABC)
- ‘Thanks God It’s Friday’ 702 ABC radio (Regular contributor)
- O’Loghlin on Saturday Night (ABC)
- Amnesty International Comedy Gala (thecomedychannel)
- Headliners (thecomedychannel)
- Comedy segments on Qantas Inflight Entertainment
- Writer on the Channel 7 show ‘TV Burp’.
- Head Writer on ‘The Matty Johns Show’, also on Channel 7.
- Writer ‘Australian Top Gear’,
- Writer ‘Anh Does Vietnam’, Anh Does and Britain’ Anh Does Scandinavia’ and ‘Anh does Brazil’
- Writer for Merrick Watts for the official Telstra live-stream of Sydney’s New Years Eve celebrations
- Head writer ‘Celebrity Splash’.
- Writer for the second series of ‘Tractor Monkeys’ on ABC TV.
- Head Writer for SBS TV ‘The Full Brazilian’
- Writer ABC TV pilot “Bring out Your Dead’